February 4th, 2021
We found several interesting facts in our review of 2020, with highlights noted here relating primarily to the Southern Santa Barbara County real estate market.
- South County sales totaled 2340, the highest since 2012’s total of 2306 sales. The 2020 figures show that 2118 went through Multiple Listing Service, with 222 as off-market sales.
- 2020 set records for sales total in all price categories, including for properties priced $2M and above. A record 25 residential properties were listed at $10M or above, and were in Montecito, Hope Ranch, Santa Barbara beach locations and elsewhere in South County.
- Hope Ranch achieved 48 closed sales—an all-time high.
- Total sales dollar volume of all condominiums was up 32.6%, with total condo listings up 2.6%. From the 21 condos for sale in 2020, 2 were listed at less than $1M. New listings were up 2%, and sold properties were up 10.9%, with a closed median price of $737,000.
- Single-family residences were up 5.1%, with 155 homes for sale as of 1/4/2021. New listings rose 3% and sold properties were up 14.1%. The median sales price hit an all-time high of $1,550,000, with dollar volume up 30.2%.
Keith C Berry Real Estate provides Quarterly Real Estate Statistics via email. If you would like to receive these, please send your request to Keith@KeithBerryRealEstate.com.